GUIDE TO DIFFENT PLANT TYPES
INTRODUCTIONOur Nurseries provide plants that can be cultivated both for ornamental and forest purposes. So, we suggest specifying the scope of your supply to select plants suitable to your needs and avoid misunderstandings.
YOUNG PLANT:reduced-size young plant, not yet fully developed and/or suitable to recultivation.
TREE:plant with a stem without suckers and branches up to the deck (which is the point where the crown begins).
In our range it can be:
– FIRST CHOICE: plant with straight stem, proportional and uniform crown, with a good development of the central arrow despite possible pollarding.
– SECOND CHOICE: plant that may have slight imperfections, generally repairable over time such as a curved stem or foot, not yet absorbed knots, leaves with holes, or thin foliage as a result of pruning.
STRIPLING: plant with a vertical stem that does not yet have a well-formed and defined crown. In general, it is small-sized (maximum circumference 8-10 centimeters).
RAMIFIED PLANT: plant with a central stem and ramifications starting from the base.
BUSH: plant with two or more stems branching off from the collar.
– EXTRA BUSH: bush featuring robust stems and dense, well-developed secondary branches.
– SECOND CHOICE: plant that may have slight imperfections, generally repairable over time such as visible pruning marks, foliage with holes, stalkless foot.
NATURAL SHAPE: freeform plant with irregular development and asymmetric habit. Decked or not, it may come with one or more stems.
SHAPED PLANT: plant with a particular shape, generally achieved by repeated cutting back.
– TOPIARY ART: Boxes and Yews with traditional geometrical shapes (ball, cone, …) or even with more complex and/or composed shapes.
– ROOF: tree forced into horizontal growth.
– CANDLESTICK: shape similar to the roof type but freer because achieved only by pruning.
– ESPALIER: tree forced into vertical growth. It can be a high tree or from the base.
– CROWN TRIMMED WITH GEOMETRICAL PATTERN suitable both to trees and to plants covered from the base (cylinder, parallelepiped, …)
DISCHARGE: plant with serious or non-repairable defects that may compromise its development and engraftment, such as visible wounds, broken branches compromising the symmetry of the plant, barking, sharp angles along unfixable stems.
GUIDE TO MEASURES
TREE: the measure corresponds to the diameter of the stem, measured at a height of 1 meter from the ground. In centimeters.
Other features such as the crown size or the plate/vase can also be available on request.
BUSH / RAMIFIED PLANT / NATURAL SHAPE: the measure corresponds to the height in centimeters. Other features such as the crown size or the plate/vase can also be available on request.
STRIPLINGS: they can be measured by height or by circumference of the stem (measured 1 meter from the ground). In centimeters.